Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Smoothie Tuesday

Who hates to pay high prices for those wonderful smoothies that you just love from the Smoothie shops? I am one of those people that has paid the price but no longer. I have got myself a blender and all kinds of fruit, Organic fruit when on sale and made some good mixes. Have you ever tired to do this yourself?
I have tried some great ones and my kids love ...

Strawberry Banana with Yogurt or Soy Milk
1-2 cups of Strawberries
1-2 Banana's (depends on how much u want to make)
1/2 cup yogurt or Soy milk
Honey for sweetener
Flax seed for daily Fiber (Optional)
Ice

Now my husband loves PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA
2-3 TBS Peanut Butter
2 Banana's
Soy Milk
Ice
I also add Honey and Flax Seed but this is optional.

These are great sources of Fruit, Fiber and Protein. I also like to mix them up a little bit and add different fruits such as pineapple, mango's and blueberries.

No comments: